Friday, July 31, 2015

Fun Family Day Trip and My Baby Turns 12!



Today was a gorgeous day in New Hampshire! It was around 85 degrees, but there was a nice, cool breeze, which always helps. My son, Cam, turns 12 today! I cannot even believe my baby is getting so much older. Where did the time go!? I remember when he was born, like it was yesterday.
I wanted to do something fun with him and my daughter, Talina, so we decided to take a day trip to Lost River Gorge and Boulder Caves. I haven't been for years, and the this was the kids first time going, so I knew it would be great!









Lost River Gorge is a huge tourist attraction in New Hampshire! The land surrounding it was naturally formed from massive glaciers. There are over 1,300 steps over the mountainous terrain, rivers, and breathtaking waterfalls! There are also a handful of caves for the kids to explore (or even Adults if you're daring enough!). There are so many bridges and steps to walk on, the kids had such a blast! Of course, my 2 year old wanted me to carry her half way through. The trail is really long, but there is a lot to explore. I think it took us around 2 1/2 hours to get through, from start to finish.




 Luckily, the area is all wooded so it stayed really cool, despite the temperature! Cam had a blast exploring all the caves and trying to crawl through them. Talina, on the other hand, was fine just walking with me. She wanted nothing to do with the caves. They're pretty dark and a tight squeeze, so definitely not for kids under 3 I'd say- unless you have a fearless one on your hands!


After you complete the trails, you can either stop and have lunch at the designated picnic areas, or you can browse the gift shop! We stopped and ate lunch and then the kids each got to pick something from the gift shop. It's a beautiful scenic drive on the way there and back also, and after walking so much in the heat, it's almost certain the kids will nap on the ride home! In my book, that's a WIN! If you're planning a trip to New Hampshire I definitely recommend visiting the Lost River Gorge and Boulder Caves. You won't be disappointed!




After we got home, the kids just relaxed and napped for a bit. I made spaghetti and meatballs for Cam's birthday dinner and then we celebrated again with CAKE of course! None for me though, being a celiac and all- Booooo!
All in all, I'd say it was a pretty perfect day with my loves. I'm so glad we got the spend the day together and celebrate Cam's birthday. I cherish every moment I can with my two loves. Cam is 12 already and Talina will be 3 in a few short months! Before I know it, they will both be off to college. I wish they could just stay little forever. That is what makes these moments so much more special! Live each and every day like it's your last and make every moment count. I'm trying to live by these words every single day. 

Happiest Birthday to my first love, my best friend, my little man, my everything!!!!!! Wishing you many more years of joy and laughter <3




Xo
Melanie




No comments:

Post a Comment