Sunday, July 26, 2015

Slow Cooker Beef Roast with Parmesan Garlic Mashed Potatoes

crockpot roast
I absolutely love using my crock pot during the Fall & Winter! It is a lifesaver for me. I work outside of the home part time, and the last thing I want to do is make dinner right when I walk in the door!
I created this crock pot recipe on a whim this morning before work, since I had bought a roast at the grocery store a few days ago. This roast literally falls apart and the flavor is absolutely delish! I will definitely be making this all season long. I like to serve this with my parmesan garlic mashed potatoes. I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients:
3 lb. Beef Chuck Roast
1 lb. Baby Carrots, chopped
3 Small Onions, quartered
4 Cloves Garlic, peeled and whole
1 Can Stewed Tomatoes, no salt added
2 Cups Beef Broth
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 tbsp. Three Onion Spice Rub ( I use Pampered Chef brand)
crockpot 1 crockpot
Directions:
1. Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. As that is heating, season both sides of the meat generously with salt, pepper, and the three onion rub seasoning. Sear the meat on all sides until a nice crust forms. Then add it to the crock pot.
2. Put more olive oil in the pan and add the quartered onions and saute for about 5 minutes, flipping them over half way to get all sides. Pour the onions over the roast in the crock pot.
3. Add the chopped carrots to the hot pan and do the same as with the onions. Once they have softened slightly, place them into the crock pot on top of the onions. Turn off the stove.
4. Add the 4 cloves of garlic, whole to the crock pot, and then add the can of stewed tomatoes on top of that. then add salt , pepper, the 3 tbsp. of three onion rub, and the beef broth.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
crockpot 2
For the Parmesan Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
Ingredients:
1-2 lbs. Russet Potatoes
2 tbsp. Butter (I use Smart Balance)
1/2 cup half & half
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. garlic powder
Salt & Pepper
Directions:
1. Peel, chop, and boil 1-2 lbs. of potatoes, add salt to the water once it starts to boil.
2. Drain the potatoes and add back into the hot pot. Add 2 tbsp. butter (I use Smart Balance), 1/2 cup half & half, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, and 1 tbsp. garlic powder and mash the potatoes until at the consistency you desire.
3. Serve alongside the roast and vegetables and enjoy!
Xo
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment