Sunday, July 26, 2015

Canyon Bakehouse Review and Recipe

canyon 1
I have only tried the sandwich bread from Canyon Bake House a couple of times before, so when the company sent me bagels and brownies to try I was super excited! I have been searching for a good gluten free bagel now for awhile. It's so hard to find one that not only tastes like a regular bagel, but also one that doesn't turn hard after it defrosts.
Another reason I wanted to try these is because most of Canyon's gluten free products are not frozen! Can I just tell you how excited that makes me!? I'd say around 90% of gluten free breads and other baked goods I've tried come frozen and it is somewhat discouraging. I would usually pop a few slices of frozen gluten free bread in the microwave for a few seconds before eating so it's soft, but then I have to eat it so quick or else it will turn as hard as a rock! And trust me, as someone with Celiac, I do not want hard bread! I'm sure many of you can relate to that kind of disappointment.
Canyon Bake House graciously sent me a package of plain bagels and a package of everything bagels. I jumped for joy when I saw the everything bagels! I've never had a gluten free everything bagel before so I was so excited to finally try one! One morning, I turned on the toaster oven, popped in my everything bagel and just sat there staring at it until it was done. When it was done, I pulled it out and lathered some delicious smart balance butter spread on top and took that first bite... OH MY YUM! It was amazing! Not only was it so flavorful, but it was crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside (as a bagel should be)! It was the BEST bagel I have ever had, no joke! My daughter stole half of mine, so I made another one and we devoured it. Trust me guys, you need to try it, like NOW!
The next day, I wanted to try the plain bagels, but I didn't just want a bagel. I wanted to make something with it. PIZZA! Of course! I put some pizza sauce on top, and then topped the bagel off with some mozzarella cheese and popped it into the toaster oven. It could not get done fast enough, the anticipation was killer! I took it out of the oven and cut it in half. I didn't even wait for it to cool before taking a bite. And it was complete HEAVEN! Again, crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. Pairing it with the sauce and cheese was the perfect lunch!
canyon 2canyon 3
As for the brownies, I just have to say they were probably the most delicious gluten free brownies I have tasted. They are not overly sweet and you can really taste the chocolate. They're the perfect little size for when you are craving something sweet, so you don't have to feel too guilty. They would also be amazing warmed up with some vanilla ice cream on top! YUM!
Overall, I am really loving Canyon Bake House products! They truly know how to make some delicious gluten free goodies. When being gluten free it's not easy finding good products that actually taste normal. But let me just tell you, these guys know what they're doing! If you haven't tried their products, you have to! Trust me, you won't be disappointed! To see all the yummy gluten free products that Canyon Bake House has to offer visit www.canyonglutenfree.com
Xo
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment