Sunday, July 26, 2015

Banana Pecan Muffins

I've been staring at this pile of ripe bananas on my table for a few days now. Every time I walk by its like they're calling to me...MAKE BANANA BREAD! I finally got sick of seeing them and decided to make banana muffins. If I didn't make them today, then the bananas would go to waste, and I hate throwing food out! I whipped these muffins up in no time this morning.  Not only are they gluten free, but they're also refined sugar free. They're super moist and a tad sweet, and pair well with my morning coffee! You can also make this recipe into one banana loaf if you don't want muffins. I hope you love them!
Ingredients
1/4 cup softened butter (I used Smart Balance spread )
1/2 cup organic clover honey
2 organic eggs
4 large ripe bananas, smashed
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp zanthan gum
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Directions
Preheat oven at 350
1. With a stand mixer, blend the butter until smooth. Add in the honey and mix until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time until fully combined and then add in vanilla and cinnamon.
2. Add in the dry ingredients until fully combined. Lastly, add in the chopped pecans and mix until combined.
3. Scoop into muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes or until brown. this recipe makes 12 muffins or one loaf .
Enjoy!
Banana Pecan Muffins

Xo
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment