Sunday, July 26, 2015

Kinnikinnick Foods Review

If you follow my blog, you know that I love to try new gluten free products and experiment with different recipes! A huge thanks to my friends at Kinnikinnick Foods for sending me a generous package filled with bread and graham crackers! They sent me a loaf of white bread, a loaf of multigrain bread, and a box of graham crackers.
kinnkinnick
I have tried the graham crackers several times before, so I was super excited to get another box from the company.  Let me just tell you that these are the BEST gluten free graham crackers around! I honestly use them for everything. Right now I am loving them with S'mores! We have campfires at home almost every weekend, and what's a campfire without a delicious, gooey s'more right? I actually don't even miss regular s'mores, these are that good! My kids and I also love snacking on them just as they are. You cannot go wrong with these!
I was so thrilled that Kinnikinnick sent me some of their bread to try. I haven't tried it before, so I was really looking forward to it! I tried both the white bread and the multigrain bread. The bread comes frozen, as do most gluten free brands. I have to tell you that the bread was absolutely delicious! When I defrosted some in the microwave, it kept it's shape and didn't turn to mush, which is a huge plus in my book. The bread was actually soft! This is one of the first times I have tried a gluten free bread that didn't turn to complete mush or break apart. We celiacs definitely look for a good bread that will not only hold it's shape, but stay soft. This is definitely a win! As you'll see below, I used the white bread to make some grilled cheese. I lathered on some butter on each slice and layered some good old American cheese, and then cooked them to perfection. No joke, it was one of the yummiest grilled cheese's I have made in a long time! The bread perfectly stayed crispy on the outside, but chewy on the inside. Yum!
grilled cheese kinn
The next day, I wanted to try the multigrain bread, so I whipped up a quick ham and cheese sandwich. The multigrain was delish! Again, I defrosted it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, and it turned out perfectly soft. I put some mustard on each side of the bread, then layered on some ham and american cheese. Voila! Quick and easy lunch! sandwich kinn
Overall, I must say I am super impressed by Kinnikinnick gluten free products! There really isn't a gluten free product of theirs I don't like. As someone with celiac, I get excited about the little things, such as finding a great gluten free bread! I bet many of you do as well. When you first are diagnosed with Celiac, you feel as if your life is over. I know for me, all I could think about was what I couldn't eat- bread being one of my favorite things! When you find a great gluten free brand, it feels amazing! You don't feel like you're missing out on things anymore and I love that. If you're looking for a great tasting gluten free bread and snacks, I recommend Kinnikinnick. To see all of their products or to purchase online visit http://consumer.kinnikinnick.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/consumer.home.html
Enjoy!
Xo
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment