Sunday, July 26, 2015

Gluten Free Paleo Granola

I love Granola! I usually eat it for breakfast, but lately I have been snacking on it at night as a healthy treat, instead of reaching for junk! I have made it a few times before, but it never came out the same so I kind of tweaked the recipe and all I can say is YUM! What's so great about granola, is that you can throw anything you like in it! You can totally make it your own. I tend to use whatever nuts and dried fruit I have on hand, but this combination I threw together the other day is simply delish and I love it!
I use a combination of Pecans, Cashews, Pumpkin Seeds, Unsweetened Coconut,  Dried Cranberries, Egg White, Water, Honey, Coconut Oil, Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, and Ground Nutmeg.
granola 1
I mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, then spread it evenly over a large sheet pan.
Lastly, I bake it at 300 degrees for 40 minutes. And it comes out like this! Slightly sweet from the cranberries and nice and crunchy.
granola 2
Recipe for Gluten Free (and Paleo) Granola:
Ingredients:
2 cups Pecans
2 cups Cashews
1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded Coconut
1 cup Dried Cranberries
1 Egg White, beaten lightly
2 tbsp. Water
3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 cup Organic Clover Honey
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Add the pecans, cashews, and pumpkin seeds to a blender and pulse until finely chopped.
3. In a mixing bowl whisk the egg white and water until foamy.
4. Add the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the egg mixture and mix well.
5. Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet pan and bake for 40 minutes, stirring twice.
6. Let the granola cool for 10 minutes before transferring to an air tight container or mason jar.
7. Serve with your favorite milk or over yogurt for breakfast, or just eat by itself as a yummy snack!
* This recipe makes 2 quarts of Granola and it will keep for 2-3 months if stored in an airtight container.
Enjoy!
Xo
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment