Sunday, July 26, 2015

Cheesy Zucchini Bites

       My husband brought home some garden fresh zucchini from a co-worker's garden. Let me tell you, I was so excited! We chose not to have a garden this year because ours did not do too well last year for some reason. I just love being able to go outside and pick fresh veggies right from my own garden! I'm the only one in my household that loves zucchini. My husband doesn't care for it, my 12 year old son refuses to try it, and my almost 3 year old daughter, well, let's just say I'm still working on her! I knew that I wanted to make something different with the zucchini. I always make it the same way, either sauteed in a pan with some olive oil, or out on the grill. I looked around the kitchen to see what ingredients I had on hand, and what would go well with zucchini and it hit me- Cheesy Zucchini Bites! I don't know about you, but I think that everything is better with CHEESE! 
       For this recipe, I use Better Batter All-Purpose Flour Mix. This brand is by far my favorite to use in cooking and baking. It literally is cup for cup measure and takes all the guess work out of cooking! What I like is quick and easy, so this flour definitely lives up to that. To check out Better Batter flours and mixes, visit their website at  http://betterbatter.org/ to purchase online. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!


Recipe for Cheesy Zucchini Bites


Ingredients:

1 Large Zucchini, grated
1 Small Onion, grated
1 Clove of Garlic, garlic 
1 Cup of Shredded Pizza Mix Cheese (Parmesan, Romano, and Mozzarella)
3/4 Cup of Better Batter All-Purpose Flour Mix
1 Egg
1 Tsp. Dried Parsley
1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
1 Tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tsp. Black Better
GF Non-stick Cooking Spray 

Directions:

1. Grate the zucchini and onion over a large bowl. Place grated zucchini and onion in a large, clean kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess water in the sink, until dry.
2. Add the zucchini, onion, garlic, cheese, flour, egg, and spices into the bowl and mix to combine. 
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. You could keep it over night as well and make them the next day.
4. Take the bowl out of the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place a cooling wrack on top of a large sheet pan and spray the cooling wrack with non-stick spray. 
5. Take a small ice cream scoop and form the zucchini dough into 1 in. balls and place on cooling wrack. Flatten them out slightly. 
6. Bake the zucchini bites for 25 minutes or until brown and bubbly. 
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. I like to serve them with a side of marinara sauce or sour cream.
Enjoy!




Xo
Melanie

9 comments:

  1. These look really good! I tried starting a garden put it's so darn hot in the summer, I need drip irrigation to stay on top of it. Love all the flavors in this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the garden! It's a lot of work. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, do these look delectable, and I'm not even that big of a fan of zucchini! But I'd sure give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you will love them! My husband hates zucchini but he devoured these. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I am always looking for new zucchini recipes to try this time of year. Is the Better Batter similar to Bisquick?

    ReplyDelete
  7. THese sound soooo good and easy to make. We are growing zucchini in our garden and will definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! These look great. I just got some fresh zucchini from the farmer's market too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo these looks super delicious!!! I'm always looking for new ways to cook up zucchini!

    ReplyDelete