Sunday, August 9, 2015

The BEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies, right?! They're probably one of my absolute favorite sweet treats! Give me a glass of milk to dunk them in and I'm set. When I first became gluten free, one of the first things I wanted to make was, of course, a good chocolate chip cookie. Not just any chocolate chip cookie, but one that tasted like those I've been eating for years. My friends, I have found a winner! After months and months of trial recipes, I believe I have perfected the gluten free chocolate chip cookie! It's chewy and sweet and just delicious. I add oats to mine and dark chocolate chips, but you can certainly leave the oats out or replace the dark chocolate chips with milk chocolate. Whatever works for you! I just love oats and dark chocolate! I use my stand mixer for these, because it's super easy. If you don't have one you can just use a regular hand mixer. I hope you enjoy!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 Cups Better Batter All Purpose GF Flour Mix
2 Cups GF Quick Cooking Oats
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1 tsp. GF Baking Powder
1 tsp. GF Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
2 Sticks Salted Butter, Softened
2 Organic Eggs
1 tsp. GF Pure Vanilla Extract

Directions:


1. Grease 2 large cookie sheets and set aside. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add the two sticks of softened butter and mix until creamy. Then, add in the sugars and mix until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix until smooth. Then add in the vanilla extract and mix for a few seconds.
4. Add in all the remaining dry ingredients, except chocolate chips and oats. Mix until fully combined, about 1 minute.
4. Lastly, add in the oats and chocolate chips and mix until fully combined. The mix will be pretty thick.
5. Take a small ice cream scoop, and scoop up the batter and roll in your hand to make a ball. Add each ball to the cookie sheet, placing them about 1 inch apart and slightly flatten each one. Do this until all of the mix is gone.
6. Bake for 13 minutes in the pre-heated oven until golden brown.
7. Serve warm with a side of milk and enjoy!

Xo
Melanie

* To order Better Batter Flour Mix, go to www.betterbatter.org







No comments:

Post a Comment