Monday, November 9, 2015

Quick & Easy 15 Minute Tomato Sauce

Let's face it, as a busy working mom, I don't always have time make my own tomato sauce. To make a good tomato sauce requires a lot of time- which most days I don't have! But, I hate store bought sauces. Some are decent, but I prefer the taste of homemade! Store bough sauces are usually loaded with sugar and salt and everything bad for you! Homemade is where it's at! You know, the kind that just screams comfort and tastes like it's been simmering on the stove top all day long? Yes, that kind! What I don't love is the time needed to cook homemade sauce.
I came up with this recipe the other night, when trying to figure out what I wanted to make for dinner. I knew that I wanted some gluten free pasta, but we were all out of  sauce, and I was craving yummy, homemade sauce! I didn't really have the time to sit there and babysit sauce all night long either. This sauce came together in literally 15 minutes and I have to tell you it's one of the best sauces I have tasted! It definitely tastes like it's been simmering all day long, but it hasn't! Shhh...don't tell anyone!
 This sauce is perfect for putting over pasta or using on pizza. I like to make a big batch of it and store it in airtight mason jars to keep in the pantry so that I always have some on hand. In fact, one of these Sundays I am going to spend all day prepping mason jars of sauce. That way we are stocked up for the winter and I won't be desperately running out to buy store bought sauce because we ran out! This will also last in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. What I love about it, is that it is not only gluten free, but refined sugar free as well! You can feel good about eating it. I'm a sauce girl, so I will use this sauce on anything really! I hope you like my recipe and that it saves you some time in the kitchen so that you can spend more time with your family, and less time cooking!

Enjoy!

Xo
Melanie

Recipe for 15 Minute Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:
2 -20 oz. jars (or cans) of San Marzano Whole Peeled Tomatoes, with their juice
2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and minced
2 Tbsp. of Pure Agave Nectar
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Dried Sweet Basil
1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
1 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
2 Tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper

Directions:

1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Next, add in the tomatoes and mash them using a potato masher (I love to use my Pampered Chef Mix & Chop for this, it works perfectly!)
3. Add in the spices, salt and pepper, and agave and give it a good stir.
4. Simmer the sauce, covered, on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
5. Pour the sauce over some cooked pasta, lasagna, or use in on pizza. The possibilities are endless!


No comments:

Post a Comment