Monday, November 23, 2015

Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten Free, Grain Free, and Sugar Free!)

Are you sick of my pumpkin recipes yet?! I hope not! As you know, I clearly love pumpkin. I am keeping healthy and fit these days and really love to make new recipes that help me stay that way! I love baking, but as most of you know, baking isn't always the healthiest. Well, let me tell you, if you like pumpkin, you will love these muffins! They are jam packed with pumpkin flavor and super moist! They aren't overly sweet either, so you can really taste the pumpkin. They go great with my morning cup of coffee, and they would be even better for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning! I like to eat them warmed up, but you can certainly eat them cold if that's what you prefer. These are muffins you can feel good about eating. They are grain free, refined sugar free, and of course, gluten free! They are absolutely divine. If you like them, do me a favor and comment on this post. I'd love to hear what you think! Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!

Xo

Melanie


Recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients:

1 Stick of Salted Butter, softened
3 Large Eggs
16 oz. Pure Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup of Raw Honey
1 Tsp. GF Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 1/2 Cups of Coconut Flour
1 Tsp. of  GF Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Tsp. GF Baking Soda
Coconut Oil Spray

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin pan with coconut oil spray and set aside. In a large bowl or stand mixer bowl, add the butter and honey and mix on medium speed until creamy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Next add in the milk and mix. Add in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Next, add in all the dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until fully combined. Using a small ice cream scooper, fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. The muffins will appear soft when you take them out, but let them sit for 10 minutes and cool before serving. Store the muffins in an airtight container for a week, or you can freeze them for up to 3 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment