Monday, November 9, 2015

Beef & Potato Soup

It's pretty much Winter here in New Hampshire. The days and nights are getting colder and colder! Ugh, I'm not ready for that white stuff that shall not be named. I want to keep Fall just a little bit longer. It seems like it is flying by so quickly. The nights are also getting darker, earlier! By 5:00 it's pitch black outside!
On these colder days, I love to make soups and stews. That is my go to winter meal. I love that you can make it all in one big pot and call it a night. Easy clean up, delicious comfort food to warm your soul...what more could you ask for?
I love taking what I have on hand and creating a new soup. That's exactly what this meal is! It has simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand, and it comes together in a flash! I don't bother buying broths at the store any more. Since I found Massel products, that is all I use to create my own delicious broths! The flavor is like no other. You can even sprinkle their bouillon seasonings on meat, fish, vegetables...anything you can think of, to add some extra delicious flavor!  Keep in mind, that when using Massel seasonings, I personally do not add any extra salt. Even though their products are reduced salt, I find it to have a good amount of salt that you don't need to add extra.
 I love eating this for dinner with some warm, gluten free rolls. It's even better the next day as a hearty lunch. I hope your family loves this easy and delicious recipe as much as my family does! To check out all of Massel Bouillon products, visit http://massel.com/


Xo
Melanie




Recipe for Beef & Potato Soup

Ingredients:
1 Pound of Lean, Ground Beef
3 Medium Russet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
4 Large Carrots, peeled and chopped
1 Medium Onion, peeled and chopped
4 Stalks of Celery with leaves, peeled and chopped
4 Massel Reduced Salt Beef Bouillon Cubes
1 Tbsp. Massell Reduced Salt, All Purpose Beef Bouillon and Seasoning
8 Cups of Water
1 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:

1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in the onions and celery and cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes.
2. Add in the ground beef and break it apart, mixing often. On top of the beef, add the all purpose bouillon seasoning and black pepper and mix to combine.
3. When they ground beef is almost cooked through, add in potatoes and carrots and give it a good stir.
4. Increase heat slightly and add in the water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil. The bouillon cubes will dissolve in the water and make a delicious broth.
5. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes,  until the potatoes and carrots are fully cooked and softened.
6. Serve with some warm gluten free rolls or bread on the side!

*** This Recipe makes about 2 quarts of soup. It will keep in the refrigerator for a week or freeze it in an airtight zip lock bag for up to 6 months***




No comments:

Post a Comment