Saturday, September 12, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Fall is officially here! It's my absolute favorite season. The weather is getting cooler and I love it! I love the cooler weather of Fall...it brings hot chocolate, pumpkin spice lattes, hoodies, and boots. My other favorite love of Fall is Pumpkin. I love everything pumpkin! My family might turn into pumpkins because I cook and bake with it so much! One of my Fall favorites is definitely pumpkin spice muffins. I love having them for breakfast on a cool fall morning. My kids devour these ad keep asking for more. You can't go wrong with a good pumpkin muffin! It just screams comfort. My recipe for Pumpkin Spice Muffins is so easy and just adds a touch of sweetness. It doesn't have too much sugar, which I love because I'm trying to be good and cut sugar out these days. The honey adds a floral taste to it and it pairs lovely with the  pumpkin and spices. This recipe makes 6 jumbo muffins, 12 regular sized muffins, or 24 mini muffins. My kids love the mini muffins! They are perfect for after school snacking. I hope you love them!

Recipe for Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Ingredients:
1 Stick Butter, Softened (can use dairy free alternative)
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Pure Clover Honey
1 15 oz. Can 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
1 Tsp. Gluten Free Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
2 Cups All Purpose GF Flour Mix (I use Better Batter but you can use any mix you like)
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
2 Tsp. Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Spice

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and set aside. Add the butter, brown sugar, and honey and beat in a stand mixer on medium high until creamy. Then, add in 2 eggs one at a time until fully combined. Lastly, add in the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree until mixed. Next, add in all the dry ingredients and spices and fully mix on medium . Scoop the batter into the muffin cups using a small ice cream scooper- only about 3/4 full.
Bake at at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden. You can serve these with some butter or some yummy cream cheese frosting! I prefer them just like they are, hot out of the oven.
To order Better Batter flour, visit www.betterbatter.org

Xo

Melanie




No comments:

Post a Comment